Dr. Deepak Shah is a postgraduate in Chemistry, Business Administration with a Doctorate in Management and has been playing various roles in society over the last 4 decades. A successful entrepreneur with a zeal and zest for innovation and a compassionate heart to work for betterment of society has made him explore many avenues in business, education as well as social welfare.
Dr. Deepak Shah started his own small scale industry in the year 1980. While manufacturing mild steel milk cans, the Scientist within him pushed him into extensive research to replace it with one-piece plastic moulded milk cans using roto moulding technology in 1986. His ASHISH Plastic cans and ASHISH Plastic water storage tanks received wide acceptance throughout India. His innovations have won many accolades and appreciation on National level also and he has been conferred various prestigious awards.
Today, most of the schools in maval tehsil are having ASHISH brand plastic water storage tank which is donated by him.
A strong believer of “ Charity begins at home”, Dr. Shah wants to make every school of Maval Taluka equipped with a set up of computer laboratory which will connect every student to the world crossing his geographical boundaries. Till now he has established 21 well equipped computer labs with an excellent learning environment and internet facility.
Dr. Shah, a leader with a dynamic impetus has been instrumental in establishing two eye hospitals at Chakan and Shrirampur; a Critical Care Unit at Narayangaon and a junior college at Dehuroad, all being rural areas of Pune District. A unanimously elected District Governor of Lions Clubs International District 323 D2 of 1999-2000, he left no stone unturned to bring in grant of Rs. 1.25 Crores from the service aid arm LCIF of Lions Clubs International for establishing these need based health projects.
A thirst to learn and a multi-talented brain not only led to Dr. Shah’s own achievements in education, but also made him a philanthropist, understanding the urge of the less privileged to educate themselves for betterment of life. His sensitive approach and analytical ability led him into establishment of various educational institutions and today he is giving education to more than 6000 students from their primary to professional education. In 2006, he took up the reigns of Kamala Education Society; a trust formed for education purpose in 1992 but had seen no activity in the direction of fulfilling the objective of education. Within a short span of 6 years he changed the face of it with a set of educational institutions popularly known as “Pratibha Group of Institutes” which constitutes of an English Medium School, A Graduate and Post Graduate Commerce and Computer College, B.Ed. College and a Management Institute. Spread over 1 lakh sq. ft. with state-of-the art infrastructure and located in a very prime location, Chinchwad MIDC, the Industrial town of Pune; all these institutions are widely acclaimed for the quality of education along with innovative methodologies adapted for overall development of their students.
Dr. Shah’s vast experience in industry and development of various educational institutions; his association with various social, religious trusts as well as commercial organizations and his social work from a grass root level gives him the insight about the fundamental problem areas where he keeps no bar to bring in transformation. His vision and clarity about the industrial human resource requirements and the product coming out from the educational institutions as learned but not employable youth compelled him to take up many events which focus on developing, nurturing the raw, learned youth to become professionals of choice for recruiters in various sectors. An initiative “Corporate Week: Industry-Academia Interface” is one such event that happens in Pratibha Institute of Business management and Pratibha College of Commerce and Computer Studies where in eminent Industry persons from different domains as well as life skills experts are invited to interact with the students. Apart from the weekly guest lectures, this initiative gives the students a chance to understand the actual corporate expectations, corporate work culture, the skill-sets required to imbibe within them before they start seeking jobs. In short, transformation of a Student to Professional is the objective which is very seriously worked on through an exclusive ‘Pratibha Employability Programme’. Dr. Shah understands root of the problem of unemployment and his urge to address it to find solution is the guiding force behind all these initiatives.
Another key effort, which is Dr. Shah’s brain child is, ‘The Pratibha Job Fair’, organized and managed solely by Pratibha Group. He is the pioneer to bring in corporate/industry people and the unemployed youth from all over Maharashtra on one platform in 2010, during the first Pratibha Job Fair wherein 95 companies’ participated and more than 10000 candidates registered. This being one of its kind initiative on Institute level, saw a grand success with around 3500 offer letters being issued on the spot. This also brought forward the dying need to work from a very basic level for this unorganized lot of the society and he decided to organize this event every year. The total expense for this event is borne by Pratibha Group and the event is solely managed by the students, faculty members, administrative and non-teaching staff of all the constituent institutions of Pratibha Group.
Dr. Shah’s personal involvement, his presence throughout the event from the pre event preparation till the closing to acknowledge the unparallel work of the dedicated Team Pratibha, his words of motivation and the genuine urge to serve the needy is what keeps the fire alive and the movement continues…..
Contribution towards Educational Sector
- Instrumental in establishment of ‘Shree Parshwa Pradnyalaya Dnyan Sanskar Mandir (Residential English Medium School)’ and Jain English School in Talegoan Dabhade
- Governing Council Chairman: NMI’s Institute of Engineering & Technology, Talegoan
- Governing Council Member: Indrayani Mahavidyalaya, Talegoan Dabhade
- Chairman: Vishwakalyan Education Society
- Founder Member: Adarsha Vidya Mandir
- Governing Council Secretary: Kamala Education Society
- Talegoan General Hospital, an Eye Hospital & Nursing School
- Paisa Fund Glasswork: A 100 years old glass factory founded by Lokmanya Tilak.
- Shri Parshwa Pradnyalaya Shwetamber Jain Temple, Talegaon Dabhade
- S. Parkhe Industrial Award from Maratha Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Pune at the hands of Hon’ble Madan Bafana, Ex– Minister of the state of Maharashtra in 1989-90.
- Best Small Industrialist Award of Pune District in 1990-91 at the hands of Hon’ble Shardrao Pawar, Ex. Chief Minister of Maharashtra
- Dadasaheb Raval New Entrepreneur Award from Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce, Mumbai in 1990-91
- Business Excellence Award from Global Business Forum, New Delhi at the hands of Hon’ble Mallikarjun, Ex. Dy. Speaker of Loksabha.
- Udyog Excellence Gold Medal from Industrial Economic Forum, Delhi
- Vijayshree Award at the hands of Smt. Nirmala Prabhavakar, Ex. Mayor of Mumbai.
- Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award.
- Udyog Patra Award by Institute of Trade & International Development, New Delhi at the hands of Dr. Balaram Jakhad.